A slow cautious return to International travel from the 17th May 2021
Countries rated as red, amber, or green for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England.
What you must do when you arrive in England from abroad depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive.
There are only 12 countries and territories on the green list, which allows people to enter the UK without the need to self-isolate or go into quarantine. These are:
- New Zealand
- Falkland Islands
- Faroe Islands
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island
Testing and quarantine rules from 17 May
From 17 May, the rules for people arriving in England from abroad are changing. Which tests you must book depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive.
If you have been in a country or territory on the:
- green list – you must book a COVID-19 test to take after you arrive
- amber list – you must book 2 COVID-19 tests to take after you arrive and quarantine in the place you’re staying
- red list – you must book 2 COVID-19 tests to take after you arrive and quarantine in a hotel
You must follow these rules even if you have been vaccinated.
Until 17 May, you must follow the current testing and quarantine rules.
|MEASURE||GREEN COUNTRY||AMBER COUNTRY||RED COUNTRY|
|PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM
|MANAGED QUARANTINE AT HOTEL
|NO||NO||YES 10 DAYS|
|TEST TO RELEASE
|N/A||ON DAY 5||NO|
|ON OR BEFORE DAY 2||ON OR BEFORE DAY 2||ON OR BEFORE DAY 2|
|FURTHER PCR TESTING
|NO||DAY 8||DAY 8|
Here at LanguageUK we can provide a safe quarantine package either in our residential or with a homestay provider.
If you need more details, please contact email@example.com