Covid updates 26th Jan
Extremely welcome news for LanguageUK our students and colleagues in the travel industry as the government confirms the easing of the remaining Covid-19 testing requirements for fully vaccinated passengers.
From 4am on 11 February:
- All Covid testing requirements will be removed for eligible fully vaccinated passengers
- This also applies to ALL under-18s, irrespective of where they are travelling from or their vaccine status
- 16 more countries will be added to the UK’s approved vaccine list from 11 February, including China, Algeria, Guatemala, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, and Turkmenistan.
- Adults not recognised as fully vaccinated under UK travel rules will only be required to take a pre-departure test and a Covid PCR test by day 2 after their arrival. They will no longer be required to quarantine unless this test is positive.
- The government also plans to introduce a simpler version of the Passenger Locator Form.
These changes have been confirmed by all UK nations.
>> read the full guidance on GOV.UK
>> check the current list of approved vaccines and countries with approved programmes
We look forward to seeing you all here soon.
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.