Covid updates 26th Jan
Extremely welcome news for LanguageUK our students and colleagues in the travel industry as the government confirms the easing of the remaining Covid-19 testing requirements for fully vaccinated passengers.
From 4am on 11 February:
- All Covid testing requirements will be removed for eligible fully vaccinated passengers
- This also applies to ALL under-18s, irrespective of where they are travelling from or their vaccine status
- 16 more countries will be added to the UK’s approved vaccine list from 11 February, including China, Algeria, Guatemala, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, and Turkmenistan.
- Adults not recognised as fully vaccinated under UK travel rules will only be required to take a pre-departure test and a Covid PCR test by day 2 after their arrival. They will no longer be required to quarantine unless this test is positive.
- The government also plans to introduce a simpler version of the Passenger Locator Form.
These changes have been confirmed by all UK nations.
We look forward to seeing you all here soon.
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.