|Days of the Week||Tuition hours||Breaks
|Monday to Friday Mornings||09:30 - 13:00||11:00 - 11:30
|Monday to Thursday Afternoons||14:00 - 15:30||no break
|Lunch||13:00 - 14:00
During the course we will focus on the exam components that you need help with and this can include:
- Essential exam strategies and techniques for each component in the IELTS exam.
- Speed reading techniques.
- Learning to develop autonomy.
- Structured exam practice.
- Writing skills required in formal and academic contexts.
- Listening comprehension and taking notes.
- Speed reading and reading comprehension.
- Speaking skills in both general and formal context.
Intensive General English + IELTS preparation
The General English Intensive + IELTS preparation course at LanguageUK is designed to improve your overall skills in English and help you get a good score in all parts of the IELTS test. Your teacher will help you perfect your general knowledge of English in the mornings and focus on exam techniques and academic English to pass your exam in the afternoons. There will be a particular focus on improving your reading and writing skills as tasks can be very hard at this level. Throughout this course you will also be given the opportunity to take IELTS Practice tests which will help you and your teacher monitor your progress. You can choose to take the IELTS exam in the UK at the end of the course.
What level do you need to join this course? We recommend students who are a between A2 and B1 to take this Intensive General English + IELTS course if they are interested in taking the IELTS exam. This way they can be supported with their general knowledge of English and also guided in the IELTS preparation at the same time.
In the mornings we will focus on general English, covering all aspects of the language (reading, writing, speaking, listening, vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar). In the afternoons, we will focus on the exam components that you need help with and this can include:
- Essential exam strategies and techniques for each component in the IELTS exam
- Speed reading techniques
- Learning to develop autonomy
- Structured exam practice
- Writing skills required in formal and academic contexts
- Listening comprehension and taking notes
- Speed reading and reading comprehension
- Speaking skills in both general and formal contexts
For both the IELTS Intensive and Intensive General English + IELTS courses, you can decide on how many weeks you would like to take your course for. We are happy to arrange a telephone or online interview before your course starts and we might also ask you to produce some written work. We can give you advice on how many weeks you should study for.