Procedure and contacts

Procedure and contacts:

We hope LanguageUK students are satisfied with the courses, accommodation, and all aspects of their time with LanguageUK. 

If a student is unsure, they should speak to a LanguageUK staff member to resolve any issues. Our aim is to solve problems as quickly as possible, so that students can get the most out of their studies and their time here.

  • If a student has a problem with their class, they should speak to their teacher or Head of English.
  • If a student has a problem with their accommodation or a welfare issue, they should speak to our accommodation officer or welfare officer.LanguageUK will always listen to the problem and try to find the best solution.

Speaking to LanguageUK (Canterbury head office)


Tel: 01227 455556

Director of Studies:

Head of Operations and Safeguarding:

Accommodation officer:


If a student wants to make a formal complaint against a decision that has been made, then the student will need to do this in writing to the Head of Operations.

Each complaint must be made as an individual and not part of a group and each complaint will be dealt with separately.

First, you need to show that you have tried to resolve your complaint through your provider’s complaints procedure. The management of the provider may wish to respond to and/or address your concerns. You will be in the strongest position if your complaint is made while you are enrolled. If you leave and then complain, you may be more likely to experience difficulties securing prompt responses from the provider. Also, it would be wise to consider any visa conditions prior to leaving.

You need to show that you have read the provider’s Terms and Conditions in relation to your complaint, and that you have made a satisfactory effort to try and resolve your complaint with the institution directly.

If the student is still unsatisfied, they may also contact:


Ground Floor
14 Devonshire Square

Tel number 0300 330 1400 or email:

BAC can only pursue a complaint if you provide us with written and signed authorisation to do so.

Before submitting your complaint to BAC, please ensure that you have included the following:

  1. A full description of all circumstances leading to the complaint being made.
  2. A signed statement indicating that you authorise BAC to contact the institution on your behalf.
  3. All documentation relating to the complaint being made, including, but not limited to:
    • enrolment letters
    • any receipts for payments made to the institution
    • any visa letters sent and received (if relevant to the complaint)
    • any correspondence between you and the institution which relates to this complaint (this should include documentary evidence that the provider’s own complaints procedure has been used and exhausted)
    • the provider’s terms and conditions and/or refund policy if you have access to this
    • Any other relevant documentary evidence

N.B. Please ensure that you retain copies of all submitted documents as it will not be possible for BAC to return them.

Some more useful information can be found on this website.

If the student is still unsatisfied, they may also contact:


The Chief Executive

English UK

219 St John Street

London EC1V 4LY

Tel: +44 (0) 207 608 7960

Fax: +44 (0) 207 608 7961




If the complaint has still not been resolved by the above the student can contact:

The Accreditation Unit

British Council

Bridgewater House

58 Whitworth Street

Manchester M1 6BB

Do you have questions? Do you need more information?

Follow us on Social Media