General English with Formative Business Training and Work Experience
|Days of the Week||Morning Session||Afternoon Session
|Monday to Friday||09:30 to 13.00||14.00 to 17.15
|Morning break and afternoon break||11.00 to 11.30||15.15 to 15.30
|Lunch||13.00 to 14.00||
|Course||No. of hours per week||No. of weeks
|General English||15 hours during the mornings||10
|Formative Business Training||15 hours during the afternoons||6
|Work Experience Project and assignments||15 hours during the afternoons||4
Morning classes – General English 15 hours per week x 10 weeks
During the mornings you will be allocated a class according to your level of English. We will always send you the entrance test prior to your arrival unless otherwise instructed. Our teachers will use a course book that follows a sequential approach to grammar and vocabulary learning. They will also use a number of other resources and materials either in text form or from a selection of media including the internet, radio and television. You will be given the opportunity to:
- Improve your knowledge of grammar
- Learn new vocabulary through speaking, listening and reading
- Be exposed to and take part in conversation to improve your fluency
- Focus on your writing skills, looking at different types of written text and register
- Practice your pronunciation including individual sounds, stress and intonation
- Consolidate what you have learned through regular review activities
Approximately 1 hour of homework will be given to you every day. If you are a long term student, you will be given a test on a regular basis so that you can track your progress.
Afternoon classes: Formative Business English Training 15 hours per week x 10 weeks
The Formative Business Training programme is suitable for students wishing to study or work in just about any industry. The course is designed to give students:
- An excellent platform of knowledge.
- A toolbox of credible skills to start university, work or training in the future.
- An insight into life, language and procedures in the professional world.
During the six weeks students will work as a team, in small groups or pairs in a classroom that has been physically set up to imitate a professional office. Course modules have been carefully chosen to provide the students with a solid background and understanding of the basics of business structure and performance in English. Design, input and instruction will be carried out by our senior teaching staff with experience of teaching business and related subjects to professionals. Students will be active in class and will contribute ideas in English as well as working together on projects and assignments connected to the course module each week.
Course modules include:
- Company Structure
- Meetings and Presentations
- Soft Skills in the Workplace
- Retaining Customers
- Problems and Solutions
LanguageUK will provide all students with continual progress checks throughout the course.
During this period students will prepare their work experience roles and assignments. Our tutor will act as a mentor to assist the students whilst they prepare a portfolio and assignments for their work experience practice in the final four weeks of the course.
Courses are either of one- or two-week duration and can be tailored to meet the requirements of participants.
While studying on our courses, you can expect to:
- Become familiar with modern English usage
- Gain practical ideas which can be adapted to different teaching environments
- Brush up on existing teaching techniques and skills
- Learn about modern British culture and current affairs
- Socialise and exchange ideas with other teachers.